Well, we were driving in the car the other day and talking about Max, when Kaitlyn felt like practicing her pronunciation. She loudly announced, "Kuh-kuh-kuh...Max!" I wasn't aware of the hard K sound that the "M" makes. I'll have to ask Ali about that since she's become our little grammatical expert--just ask her about the silent "E", and how vowels steal each others' sounds.
Speaking of Kaitlyn, I was working on the computer this afternoon and I heard her say, "Dad...it's almost ready. It's almost ready. It's almost ready." I turned around and found that she had set up a little tea party and was inviting Ali and I to attend. In addition to dirty toybox cups brim-full of water she also served pretend "peanut butter and sandwiches" (for some reason she doesn't like to give the all important jelly any credit). What a treat!
Later today, Ali sweetly called me upstairs and asked me to stand on a "magic towel." Upon following her request I discovered that she had set out an elaborate scheme to capture me and take me prisoner utilizing some sort of magic towel as a cover for a jump rope ankle trap. "Did you like my booby trap?" she asked me. She's a clever one, alright. Speaking of Ali, she also loves math these days. She wrote out her times tables for the number 3 in her notebook up to 3 x 20!
It was great to have Megan's family in town this past week. On a personal note, it was a huge help to me. We had Max on the second to last day of classes for first quarter, which left we with significant preparations to do before being ready to take exams this past week. Megan's folks were quite helpful with Megan and the girls (and the boy), which took a lot of the stress of exam prep off my shoulders.
Speaking of exams, I feel like they went well enough on the whole, but I have to admit that I most enjoyed a project that I had to for a leadership class: coming up with some sort of creative project to turn in. Of course, I did a song. If you want to download it to have a listen, click here. At this point it's just an instrumental. And it's not perfect. But, I think this is going to become Max's song since each of the girls got their own songs when they were born.
Megan was doing spectacularly with recovery, but the last couple of days have been a bit more difficult. She's been freezing one minute, then burning up the next. I think we'll have her go in and see the doctor tomorrow. Since I've had to hold down the fort while she's been recovering (and resting most of today), I've developed a newfound appreciation and awe for everything she does as a mom. Let's put it this way: I couldn't get the girls ready for church on time on my own this morning (we were 20 minutes late to the meeting), it took me 2 or 3 attempts at each individual ponytail, I can't remember if the girls had ended up in matching outfits or not, and I forgot the critical "church activity bag." And that was just the "usual" before 8:30 a.m. routine!
So, let's recap: despite the usual challenges that make life interesting, we're doing kuh-kuh-kuh...great.
3 comments:
While she's on the kuh-kuh-kuh kick, make sure she learns to say the name of her favorite aunt, kuh-kuh-kuh-mille. Thanks for the updates! Love ya!
Ok, I will admit, I was playing with some pretty cute kids this weekend; but confession (yes, another one) looking at pictures and hearing stories reminds me that you have the CUTEST kids by far! (And may I point out that they're MY nieces and nephew) They must come from a brilliant and absolutely adorable family! :-)
p.s. Kaitlyn's "kuh-kuh-kuh Max" thing reminds me of the story how I used to say "T-T-T-Bophone!" So funny...once again...brilliant children and what a fabulous family resemblance! haha. Love you all tons!
p.p.s. Nathan, I have yet had the opportunity to go to a computer with sound, so I haven't heard your song yet, but I am sure it's remarkable like all your others! I'm excited to hear it! Loves!
Nathan...I LOVE YOUR SONG! It's so good. You are so silly..."just an instrumental," well it's way good. Love it! (I'm not surprised!) :-) Talk to you all soon!
Post a Comment