It's so amazing how food finds it way everywhere except in their mouths!
Kaitlyn also loves to play with the digital camera. It's not so bad, because we can always delete the multitude of pictures that she takes, and our camera is rugged enough to handle an occasional drop. However, I personally can stand her taking pictures of random things for only so long before my patience wears thin and I take the camera away from her. Last week, however, she took off running with the camera before I had the chance to yoink it out of her hand. It took about one full lap around the house until I was in a good position to grab it. Just before I kindly repossessed the camera from Kaitlyn she managed to capture this incriminating photo:
Kaitlyn also loves to play with the digital camera. It's not so bad, because we can always delete the multitude of pictures that she takes, and our camera is rugged enough to handle an occasional drop. However, I personally can stand her taking pictures of random things for only so long before my patience wears thin and I take the camera away from her. Last week, however, she took off running with the camera before I had the chance to yoink it out of her hand. It took about one full lap around the house until I was in a good position to grab it. Just before I kindly repossessed the camera from Kaitlyn she managed to capture this incriminating photo:
On Friday, I had a field trip to Maryland to interview with another consulting company. Ali, on the other hand, had a field trip to Ash Lawn, home of James Monroe, U.S. President in 1816 and 1820. Here is a transcript of my conversation with Alison about it, 5 minutes ago:
Ali: "We went to 'Ash Lawn' for our field trip."
Me: "What is Ash Lawn?"
Ali: "It's an old place."
Me: "Why did you go to an old place?"
Ali: "...so we could learn about long ago, and today. They wore different clothes...[we learned] that girls wear long dresses and boys wear, like, suits. And...uh...today they wear...um...today girls can wear pants or jeans and shirts...Long ago they made candles by getting bee's honey and they put, like, um, a like piece of string in and they keeped [sic] doing that until it looks like a candle...and I made one...I made two! Really, I did make two. You're writing down everything I say?"
Our conversation got less productive when she was more concerned about reading my transcript than trying to answer my questions.
Moving on.
It's been about 5 or 6 weeks since Max was born, and Megan is really doing well. She's started running and exercising and several non-me people have commented on how skinny she looks, especially in her LBCD (little black church dress). Max, on the other hand, is packing it on, as you can see below.
Megan also volunteered at Ali's school this week and helped the kids trace their hands and then create "turkeys" with them. I sense that Ali feels a great sense of pride that her mom loves and cares about her enough to go help out at her school. I think Megan feels a great sense of successfully spying on her first daughter.
6 comments:
I must say that Kaitlyn should take up photography. She and Blake should actually get together since we also have a lot of random pictures on our camera due to Blake.
And I will agree that Megan looked awesome today in her black dress. I swear she looses another 10 pounds everytime I see her!
Ha! Your girls are so cute and so is Mr. Max! I love how chubby he is.
About how we find things to do--I always check: www.albermarlefamily.com
They have a calendar of events that are taking place within the community. They have some great things like this week there is the lighting of the Christmas tree and a Christmas parade. Check it out!
When I volunteered in our Ali's classroom a couple of weeks ago, I also helped with the tracing of the hands and subsequent turkey making. How funny! Also, your kids just keep getting cuter...we really do need to come visit!
Megan is hot! And the girls are cute as ever...Bryan does that grape thing too...jk. Love you!
I think Kaitlyn has the makings of a great photographer! I love your stories of the girls -- it's so precious how they interpret their world. And I second the motion -- Megan looks great!
Megan looks awesome! Isn't nursing great? All that "baby fat" goes straight to Max's cheeks. He's seriously got a Jeffrey R. Holland thing going on. I love chubby babies!
Post a Comment