She had just finished her third half-donut and was jumping around wildly--flailing her arms and legs in every direction and yelling incoherent babblery. I asked her what she was doing. She responded (as exactly as I can recollect), "Sugar! Sugar! I've had too much sugar today! Aah! Sugar!" Classic Ali. Too clever for her own good.
Over at my school they held a family Christmas party earlier in the week. Alison took that opportunity to tell Santa (who happened to be there) that all she wanted for Christmas was "a book." She's used to being poor. Maybe that's why she also took the opportunity to try her hand at a desk job. She sat behind the receptionist desk at the front of the building and said, "Can I help you? Do you have any questions?"
Kaitlyn has certainly had a great time with her grandparents here. Megan's parents had to leave immediately after the blessing to drive back to Indiana; they couldn't stay for the end of church. As we drove out of the church parking lot, with my parents following in the car behind us, Kaitlyn asked, "Where's the other Grandma and Grandpa?" She knows that "there's two grandmas and two grandpas" (her words) but I guess she's still figuring out how the naming thing works. Before my parents arrived on Friday night, Kaitlyn announced her exitement to see "Grandma Mary Lee and Grandpa Mary Lee."
This afternoon Kaitlyn climbed up on Grandpa's lap only to swipe the glasses off of his face and take off running. I tried desperately to capture a picture of her running around with them on, but this was the best I could do:
No comments:
Post a Comment