Megan especially enjoyed it. She has also enjoyed spending time this week working on scrapbooking my 2008 calendar since I didn't have class. The calendar is one of my treasured possessions each year; it tells me all of the important dates that I need to worry about--birthdays, holidays, and the number of months we've been married.
One of our new favorite pastimes is trying to get Max to smile and/or laugh. His little smile and accompanying uncontrolled, enthusiastic full-body movements are enough to brighten our mood no matter what is going on.
We're also excited because Max's neck is now strong enough to be able to sit in the Exer-Saucer. He doesn't really reach for any of the toys or understand what they are for, but he seems to enjoy all of the colors that surround him; it's fun and/or great to watch him turn just his head around from side to side as he carefully observes each object.
Alison has continued to enjoy playing the board games that she got for Christmas. I think we've played more Game of Life this week than I've played in my entire life up to this point. I do love, however, that she now knows how to make change for $100,000. She's also developing a keen interest in becoming a banker, since they have all of the money.
Yesterday, she had a friend from kindergarten named Joseph over. They wanted to play Disney Monopoly Jr. "They were a team and I lost." (Last sentence voiced by Ali on my behalf.) Additionally, Ali just sang the following correction in my ear after reading along: "Disney Monopoly Jr. is wrong. It's called 'Monopoly Jr. Disney Edition!"
4 comments:
Kaitlyn is such a hoot! I hope that you are feeling better.
Thanks for keeping the blog up to date...it's always a joy for me to read! :-) Hope all is going well! Sure do love you all--it was fun to talk to you all on the web cam, very cool. Everyone looked great and healthy and was hilarious (as to be expected)! Good work. Loves!
Look at those cheeks! We can't wait to meet Max! yeah for Michelle McCoulough for getting M&M Call to come to Utah!
Lucky you. Perfection seems to allude the rest of us! Ali is just helping you all along! What a smartie; brains and beauty. Watch out world - Monopoly has been conquered, you're next!
Post a Comment