After we finished laughing, Ali asked if we could play The Game of Life (again). I consented. As we neared the end of the game and it was becoming clear that she was going to win (why do I always get the Accountant with a $20,000 salary!?), she explained to me that "It's not about winning. It's about having fun. But, it is exciting when you win."
Since we've been talking about Ali, here's an picture from this week, not related to anything we've been talking about.
The picture was from our ward activity yesterday which was a very well done "Clue" Party. It was a mystery about who took the cake and what the perpetrator used to eat it with (was it a spoon, a fork, fingers, or a spork?). That was the mystery for the adults to solve. And, wouldn't you know it, we figured out that they ate the cake in the gym with a fork--just like we all did at the end! The kids got to figure out a Blues Clues--which Ali and Kaitlyn loved. Yet, for some reason, the cake didn't make Kaitlyn as happy as it did the rest of us. Perhaps she was still full from the pizza and cupcakes she ate at the Darden Partners Association's Family Valentine's Day Party.

Kaitlyn has been happy, however, about taking ballet lessons. As you know, she loves to dress up every day. Combine that with dancing around to Disney tunes, and she's in heaven.
The other day I asked Ali what she liked about Kaitlyn; she answered that Kaitlyn played school with her. Later that day, they played school outside. The weather has been pretty nice these past couple of days. I took this picture from our bedroom window while I was supposed to be working on cases for the next day:
Before the doctor made this diagnosis I thought it might have been something called Fifth's disease--but that was mostly because Ali's school sent home a note to parents indicating that someone in her class had it, and which has similar symptoms. This shouldn't be confused with Saks Fifth Avenue disease, which is what Megan has.Megan had a great trip to Utah to visit family and friends. I especially enjoyed the video call we were able to have last Sunday so that I could prove that I was holding down the fort pretty well while she was gone. With significant travel in my future, we've pretty much confirmed that video calls are really going to help us manage. It is so much better than simply talking on the phone! If you haven't tried it, you really need to.
Finally, while Megan was in Utah she loved the bow that little Addilyn McIntyre was wearing. In order to remember how cute it was, she put it on one of our children and took a picture. I don't want this particular child to feel bad about having a bow on later in life, so I'll leave it to you to follow the clues!

4 comments:
We also loved being able to chat on the webcam! The girls are adorable and we wish we could see you more often, we miss you!
I love the headband on Max, I think he makes the perfect model!
He is a very manly baby though Nathan, I don't think you have to worry!
what an amazing dad you are! Megan, I too love Cafe Rio-we eat there at least 3 times whenever we go to Utah!
Kids at this age just keep you constantly laughing! Sounds like Ali is quite the philosopher :). Glad you had a great trip to Utah, Megan.
Post a Comment