
So, as you can see, Max's biggest challenge in life isn't the cradle cap--which must itch like crazy because he has learned to stratch it incessantly--but rather, it's surviving his older sister Kaitlyn's "love." Today at church, for example, Kaitlyn was characteristically in Max's face pretending to be a lion and growling at him. ("It's OK Max, I'm not a real lion. I'm just pretending to be a lion.") Suddenly, she had the urge to cough and coughed squarely into Max's face with the full brunt and force of her open mouthed cough. According to Megan, "the whole ward saw and cringed."
Here's another picture from this week of Kaitlyn loving Max and Max looking up, as if to say, "Ugh...could you please take her away from me for just a couple of minutes?"
Aah...Kaitlyn is a wonderful girl; she just needs to learn how to tone back her loving a little bit. But, she is quite perceptive. She carefully explained to Megan the other day when to utilize different common English phrases:
When you smile, you say "cheese." And, when you "toot" you say "excuse me."Now, on to last night: "Estrogen Night", as I like to call it. I was still reeling from the postponing of Friday's Van Halen concert, and was trying to console myself in a book. As I cruised through "The Little Book That Beats The Market" (which I would actually recommend as a sort of a 2-hour summary of what every non-MBA really should know), I got to hear Megan, Sarah, Sarah, Amy, Karie (not Underwood) and Christine using those pesky glue sticks, hole-punching and stamping cards while talking about labor, pregnancy, girl-stuff, estrogen, etc. It didn't really bother me as long as there were enough chocolate chip cookies around. I think they all had a great time, and I got an excuse to eat cookies while reading about buying good companies at bargain prices.
Ali had a great time this week. First of all, she enjoyed pretending to be the Statue of Liberty with a strawberry.
Next, she enjoyed playing YMCA basketball at her school on Saturday morning. The coaches made the kindergarten participants go through dribbling and passing drills, and then finally turned them loose to play a game. Ali has been practicing dribbling the basketball since Christmas in Indiana, so they tried to have Ali dribble the ball down the court. As she dribbled the ball down the court (and pretty well for a 5-year old I might add), she was literally tackled by about 7 other kids who were trying to get the ball. As she was finally able to climb out from under the dogpile, she came running in tears to me on the sideline. I wasn't sure if it was her legs that were hurt from being tackled, or if was her feelings that were hurt because they dared to try to take the ball away from her. Come to think of it, the coaches never ran any drills explaining the concept of "fouls." So, it was a good "no call."
6 comments:
Ah yes, the "love" of older (mainly 3-year-old) siblings. I myself am a little tired of saying "Stay OUT of his face!" and have instead started telling Parker, "In a little while he'll be big enough to fight back!" Miss you guys!
Thanks for letting us invade your home!
I would have cried too! I mean basketball is not supposed to be like football and you wear pads in football! Sheesh, they really need to explain the difference! I had fun with Ali at that one soccer practice. She is cute, and we need to see Kaitlyn dance! We just loved seeing Max and we love telling everyone about his cuteness.
Love you all! Thanks for not disappointing with another great Sunday post!
You really had me going with the Max story...I couldn't believe it! I wondered why Claire hadn't figured that out by now.
-Seth
I can not believe that Ali got tackled! Holy Cow! I'm glad that she is strong. :) And that she is enjoying basketball! It was so good to talk to you last night Nathan (and Megan in the background.) I sure love you all so much! Look forward to talking with you all soon!
I love your posts! They always are so creative and make me laugh.
Post a Comment