Sunday, March 30, 2008

What? You Didn't Get This Post Last Week?

Thought you missed last week's post? Thought that I was too lazy last Sunday night at 10:30 p.m. when I decided it was too late to post--that I'd just do it the next day (which, then, of course, I never got around to until a week later). Well, look at the date of this post. Clearly, someone else must be to blame. It couldn't be me.

Ali brought home some of the stories that she wrote at school. They are so classic, I thought they should be shared.

The Limericks, by Ali

Once opan a time there was a mose and a cat and a dog[.] thay waer best firends!! Once time they Got in a fite!! They wear tired so later they hard [heard] adet [about] a contest went on to them[.] they won!! the end

[This one didn't have a title], by Ali

onece Opon a time ther was a little girl[.] her name was, oh no! she did not have a name! one day someone asked her what her name was and she sed that she Did not have a name! The porsen sed you coud make a name up. Yeh she sed and her name was Ali.

[Another one without a title], Ali

I woud love to be a giant couse I woud be able to step on evrething and that woud be fun!

Three Up A Tree, by Ali

ones thar was a monster and a doll. they wher best frends. one day they fot over a toy! then thay sherd! the End.

[Yet another untitled], Alison

If I coud trick a leprechaun I woud like to set a trap that would spill of[f] a door paint!!

The Dragen Hunt, by Ali

There Once was a Dragen. The Dragen herd abut the Dragen hunt! It seownded fun! so the Dragen went to the hunt! He won!

Once Upon a Mokey [monkey]! by Alison

Once ther was a mokey[.] it was a silley go[o]se! the mokeys name was Ali. she was verry nice[.] one day Ali went Out to play[.] she got lost[.] she was skerd! she fowd her mommy! she was Happy! They had ice crem for diner!!

Clara and the Bookwagon, Alison

In the old days when you whor [were] on a farm you coud not go to school. You had to go out to and holp. clara loved Books like Mrs. R. she helped feed the chickens.

Clearly, we have a future Newbery Award winner in-training on our hands.

No comments: