Sunday, April 20, 2008

Questions (a post by Megan...so don't get too excited--I'm not the creative writer in the family)

So, the main question I've received all week long has been "Did you get the house!?!" And the answer is NO. It's okay though. The countering-game was going quite well, until we found out that there would be an additional $300 worth of monthly taxes (in addition to the normal property taxes) that we would be responsible for paying until May 2010. When we were given this information, we ran away quickly. Well, not really quickly...we tried extremely hard to justify throwing away thousands of dollars, then we rejected their offer, and then we hoped the sellers would call us back and beg us to buy it. So, on we go. We're headed out for another trip this next weekend, and I'm very excited.

The next question I received was "How was the race?" And the answer is FABULOUS!!! Oh my goodness, I can't believe the outpouring of support I received about the race! I seriously felt like a rock star all week...I received lots of emails, phone calls, and words of encouragement...thank you, thank you, thank you. I even appreciate the fan support (okay, the only actual fans that saw me running were my family and Sonya). Nathan and the girls have been incredible in sacrificing time for me to train for this run and I'm very grateful--thank you. So will I do another one? You bet!

5 comments:

Camille said...

What?! You even want to do another one?! You're amazing! Glad the race went well, we want to see pictures! Good work, and please stop setting such a high standard for our family. Love you!

Carlson said...

Way to go Megan! You are awsome. By the way- love the tent. Dream home. Hope you guys are doing well!

Sarah H said...

Megan - Congrats on your race. I wish I got a chance to talk to you about it yesterday. I'm glad it went well.

Home buying and selling is soooo stressful. At least it is for us. Our preparations to get our house ready to list seem endless. I'd go for the tent if I were you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, do I feel like a schmuck. I totally forgot about your race! But I am so proud of you and think you are the coolest for actually doing it. (Something like that would have literally killed me.) So WAY TO GO!!

Michelle said...

Megan, I am so proud of you. I wish I could motivate myself with something like that. You are awesome. I am so impressed.