Drumroll please! Megan's new calling is...Sunbeam Teacher! And, Kaitlyn will be in her class. Megan starts next Sunday. It was a bit of a surprise since she just came from Primary in the last ward. But, she's going to be great!
Additionally, we also finished the front room painting project I mentioned last week. Here is a picture of the room before we did anything to it.

We learned from painting our "big red wall" at our Utah house that you have to give the kids a chance to paint under your supervision or you will get unwanted help when you're not looking (although Max was still somehow able to get a hold of a stir stick and paint his pants in 15-seconds of inattention). So, here's a picture of the room during the process, complete with helpers.

Finally, (drumroll again please), here's the "big reveal" of the finished product.
Ok. Enough about the house projects. You're probably as tired of hearing about them as I am tired of doing them. Let me regail you with some stories about the kids.
A couple of days ago Alison asked me for any "spare parts" that I had lying around the house. I was able to come up with some Scotch® tape, a hanger, a single 2" blind, a popsicle stick and some clothespins. Using her McGyver-like ingenuity, she was able to create the following "invention":

(Note the camera in front which she added and the "Smile!" sign in the back.)
Kaitlyn, of course, wanted to be just like her older sister and demanded that I help her to create her own invention "just like Alison's." As I took her picture with her own (which I guess she can claim as her own since Ali hadn't filed any patents yet like I asked) "invention", she loudly exclaimed, "Happy Invention Day!"

Happy Invention Day indeed.

Finally, last night we enjoyed a wonderful fireworks celebration sponsored by the city in the park for the 4th of July, or, as the people of Indianapolis call it, the 28th of June.

The kids felt cool that we let them stay up until midnight, even though they all crashed within 4 or 5 minutes of getting in the car to go home.

Additionally, we also finished the front room painting project I mentioned last week. Here is a picture of the room before we did anything to it.
We learned from painting our "big red wall" at our Utah house that you have to give the kids a chance to paint under your supervision or you will get unwanted help when you're not looking (although Max was still somehow able to get a hold of a stir stick and paint his pants in 15-seconds of inattention). So, here's a picture of the room during the process, complete with helpers.
Finally, (drumroll again please), here's the "big reveal" of the finished product.
The video came out a little dark, so here are some regular, non-video images for your viewing enjoyment:
Ok. Enough about the house projects. You're probably as tired of hearing about them as I am tired of doing them. Let me regail you with some stories about the kids.
A couple of days ago Alison asked me for any "spare parts" that I had lying around the house. I was able to come up with some Scotch® tape, a hanger, a single 2" blind, a popsicle stick and some clothespins. Using her McGyver-like ingenuity, she was able to create the following "invention":

(Note the camera in front which she added and the "Smile!" sign in the back.)
Kaitlyn, of course, wanted to be just like her older sister and demanded that I help her to create her own invention "just like Alison's." As I took her picture with her own (which I guess she can claim as her own since Ali hadn't filed any patents yet like I asked) "invention", she loudly exclaimed, "Happy Invention Day!"
Happy Invention Day indeed.
Finally, last night we enjoyed a wonderful fireworks celebration sponsored by the city in the park for the 4th of July, or, as the people of Indianapolis call it, the 28th of June.
The kids felt cool that we let them stay up until midnight, even though they all crashed within 4 or 5 minutes of getting in the car to go home.
7 comments:
I am so happy for your cute family. The new house looks great and I am sure you will make it a wonderful home...
I LOVE the newly decorated room! I love the chair and it looks so grown up and sophisticated! You did a wonderful job!!!! I also admired the beautiful vacuuming job and the lines...love the lines! :) You guys are so cool! And Alison is SO smart and creative!!!! I love that Kaitlyn loves her sister and wants to be like her. You guys are a great family and way to inclue Max in on the painting! :) I miss you guys and can't wait for more "big reveals"!!!!
Your house looks great! Nice hard work and it looks like a brand new room! Love it! I love how smart your kids are. They impress me. I also love the last picture of them totally konked out. Miss you guys a lot.
I love the room. It is amazing what new paint can do to a room! I am a little jealous that you are still doing house projects, ours came to a complete stop since Chad started work last week. Good thing we have a 3 day weekend ahead of us (I'm sure it isn't what Chad has in mind for his first day off work though)!
Oh and Megan I am glad you get to be Kaitlyn's teacher, we miss our little sunbeam class. We have enjoyed having a break as far as church callings and I don't think we will be getting any until after the baby comes, however we do get the pleasure of speaking in church in a few weeks!
"happy invention day"-that is my favorite! I also love how they are all zonked out
Looks like a party. And those are some true inventions.
Awesome work and stories! It still hasn't hit me that you guys won't be in Cville when we get back. So you had better keep posting these pictures of your new life so that I can prepare myself.
Post a Comment