In the mornings she goes walking with her mom. Occasionally, in the afternoon, she goes walking with her sister. During walks with each of them last week, comments were made insinuating, suggesting, giving the idea to Megan that our front yard landscaping might look better if some of the plants were rearranged, moved, relocated. So, Megan, always one to leap, spent hours digging up plants and hefting them into new holes. What's more, she loaded our three kids into the car and drove to Home Depot and then loaded three kids plus plants and flowers into the car and drove home. On Friday, my help was solicited to finish the job.
Behold the "before":

Behold, the finished product:
As if that wasn't enough, somehow Megan also managed to tape, fully paint, and clean-up the girls' room! She moved Ali and Kaitlyn to our bedroom for sleeping purposes and painted their whole room. She meant to keep it a total secret in order to witness my surprise when I got home, but let it slip.
Behold this finished product (or at least part of it):
In previous posts I had ranted about how I ought to be called Mr. Incredible because of my superior (albeit short-lived) driving prowess. However, how Megan was able to accomplish all this this past week while taking care of three small kids is totally beyond me. I hereby grant title, claim and ownership of the "Incredible" name over to Megan. It looks like I'll just have to settle for the title "Mr. Changing-My-Regular-Blogging-Day-to-Monday-Because-I-Don't-Want-to-Sit-in-Front-of-the-Computer-on-Sunday-When-I'm-at-Home-and-Not-Away-on-Business."
Now, let's wrap up with some hilarious comments from the kids:
Alison: Dad, is this England or is it North Dakota?
I don't know. They're pretty close.
Alison: Dad, let's play a game. Let's play "I'm Thinking of an Animal." Here's how you play: you think of an animal.
I thought I understood from the name of the game, but I'm glad she explained the rules to me anyway.
Me: Kaitlyn, thanks for letting me go with you guys to the pool today. I had a fun time.
Kaitlyn: No problem Dad!
I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest husband slash father in the world. Slice out.
5 comments:
Megan, you are amazing! Nathan, I will have Seth email you about his job, and we want to hear about yours!
Thanks for the post. You, too, are just as incredible - keeping up on posting with your new schedule. Thanks, I love them.
Oh, it's good to see the purple room again! And the yard looks great! I wish I had someone to suggest/imply what to do with my yard. Right now all I know is that it is in serious need of some weeding.
The changes look great! I sure do miss having a yard to take care of. The only thing that surrounds our house is rocks and lots of them. Thanks for sharing your greenery with us desert rats! =)
AWESOME! I just read all the posts and I apologize for my lateness in doing so, however, I just wanted to say that SLICE OUT made me laugh so much! Nathan, I am glad we have a special bond about jokes and funiness. ;-) haha. Also, Megan...I LOVED your cheesecake factory post. THAT WAS HILARIOUSLY AWESOME!!! And of course, the girls are comedians without even knowing it! You all rock!! Love you!!!
Post a Comment