This is Megan. I know Nathan always does the post, and everyone loves his creative and witty style, but I wanted to add some pictures and info that Nathan forgot to add in his previous post. SO...
We began early October with a trip to "Apple Works." We actually went twice--once with friends and once with family. The weather could not have been more perfect, and there were plenty of fun things to do with the kids.

Then the kids had a few days off of school for "Fall Break," so we invited friends over for a Halloween Cookie Decorating Party. My main motivation for doing this was because I wanted to try out my new Pampered Chef Cookie Press (a fun gift from my sister who was trying to get rid of junk in her kitchen). But the dang cookie press was horrible-- it
so did not work! But, I went ahead and made do with a pumpkin cookie cutter and an angel cookie cutter that I creatively made into a ghost:) The cookie party was a big hit--cookies, frosting, sprinkles, and friends--what could be better! We had about 20 adults/kids/babies at the party, and the only place I found frosting (besides the kitchen) was on my hall banister--not bad.


And, of course, we ended the month with Halloween. Well, not really, Nathan and I took off right before trick-or-treating began, but we got a few pictures of the kids. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for taking the kids out to get candy.
Kaitlyn was a BYU cheerleader...again. I think she's wore this outfit every year. She has a great princess costume that she was going to wear, but a few days before Halloween she found the cheerleadering outfit and I couldn't convince her of anything else. Oh well--Go Cougs!
And my parents and sister and brother-in-law were FABULOUS for taking the kids; they even survived all of sacrament meeting without having to take any of the 7 kids out. Yeah!
13 comments:
Nice post. Meg. Miss you!
Remember when the girls were Max's age?? Where oh where has the time gone?
You are such a fun mom to do the cookie party. That's the kind of thing I always want to do, but I'm too lazy to actually do it. And that picture of Alison with her cookies is GORGEOUS!!
Great pictures! Great post! I get worn out just reading about all that you do.
Okay so I am really jealous of your weekend get away to Cville. One you were kidless (is that even a word) and two I am really missing cville this fall!
I love the cheap cosutmes and they all look great! And I can't believe Max is walking, where has the time gone? I feel like we just watched the girls while you were in the hospital!
Cute pictures! Your kids are such mini you. =) Wish you guys still lived in the area!
So fun to read your update! Max is one darn cute tiger! Your cookie party brought back memories of C-ville and how much fun it was to be there with you! So glad you had the chance to go back for a weekend.
Thanks for the cookie party. You are an awesome mom!! You were very creative with the ghost cookies. And, I think I used your camera to take pictures, so send them my way or upload them on snapfish.
I'm proud of you for writing on the blog. You did a great job!!
I'm glad you posted pictures of Max as a tiger. I didn't get to see him that night b/c he was already asleep. How cute!!!!
So fun Megan. I wish that we could have been there -- for the cookie party or the C-ville visit. ;)
So fun to get caught up on your darling family.
Congrats on the getaway for the 2 of you. How great is that!
Really enjoyed these posts tonight.
Thanks for the smiles.
It was so good to see you Megan! Wish you still lived here! And your kids look adorable in these pics...as usual! I love Kaitlyn's costume. :)
Ali looks just like you in that second picture!
Megan, with those kids as cute as they are it is a miracle that everyone didn't give them all of the candy for Halloween. You do a great job blogging as well as everything else.
Love,
Dad
I'm so glad you found my blog! We started one just to keep up with our Virginia friends. And I must say Max is such a cute tiger!
Melissa
Post a Comment