Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Little Conversation with Alison

Today during Sacrament Meeting--

Alison: Mom, what is this thing on top of the 12 cows/oxen/animals?

Megan: That's a baptismal font from the temple. Everyone has to be baptized to live with Heavenly Father again, but some people don't get the chance to get baptized in this life. So, we go to the temple to be baptized for them and then they can choose if they want to accept that baptism or not.

Alison: So, it's like we're doing their homework for them?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

That's hilarious! I love how kids think.

mcintyreandco said...

Priceless!

Michelle said...

So funny. I laughed out loud. What did you say back?

Megan said...

I laughed out loud (softly--it was when the sacrament was being passed). Then I leaned over and told my mom. Ali was then bugged that I told her. I think she didn't realize how hilarious that was.

Leann said...

By the way, have you seen this blot (http://mormonhusbands.blogspot.com)? I think you would get a kick out of it.