Sunday, February 22, 2009

Coming Soon! Cirque Du Ali

Last week Megan and I went to Cirque Du Soleil. It was very entertaining as we saw all sorts of wild acts, feats and stunts that hardly seemed possible. I particularly enjoyed the cyclist who was able to stand on the handle bars, or do a handstand all while the bike was moving. He was also able to ride the bike like a unicycle and perfectly balance on 2 wheels when the bike was stationary without falling over. It was simply incredible.

Even more incredible, astonishing, and amazing, Alison has learned how to ride her bike without training wheels. In fact, she learned on the day that Megan and I went to the cirques (pronounced "circus"). Ali confessed that she went over to her friend's house to try riding together and that her friend's father added air to her tires which made riding much, much easier. Hey...I inflated those tires the best I could given the equipment we had on hand!

She is as excited as I've ever seen her about anything. Unfortunately, it snowed/iced again this weekend so we've had to delay capturing video footage to be able to share her newfound skill. But...coming soon: Cirque Du Ali!

7 comments:

Camille said...

Wow, what an accomplishment! So great, Ali, good work! You should take a bike ride to our place (start training now while you're still young an energetic...it is a long ride...and by the time your parents would let you do such a thing you'd probably have a car...but you can still at least pretend to ride to our house and we'll pretend to have you over and watch your mad biking skills). Love you!

Michelle said...

Can't wait.

mcintyreandco said...

That is awesome! Congratulations Ali!

Anonymous said...

GO ALI! That is exciting!!

Bruce and Mary Lee said...

You think the bike is exciting, wait until she asks for the car!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Alison! My Ali must be the only 6-year-old on the planet who can't ride without training wheels!! (We live on a hill and I'm too lazy to pack up the bikes and take them somewhere flat. Bad, bad mommy.)

Leann said...

We loved Cirque Du Soleil as well, and the bicyclist was Matt's favorite too. Very cool stuff!
Glad to hear your family is doing soo great! I love reading your blog.