Sunday, February 1, 2009

Kisses, BouncerTown, Piano Recital

First off, a confession. After my monster post on our Christmas "vacation", I decided that it was long enough to merit a week off from blogging. But now, what with my quasi-New Year's Resolution to return to weekly blogging and all, I'm back.

Now, let's review some recent events.

Mr. Max has discovered that he likes Hershey's kisses. A lot. Megan has jars, crafts, rolls, stacks, and bags of them in the scrapbook room for use in various and sundry of her stampin' creations. Max now knows what they are. He can open them. He can pop them in his mouth. This knowledge has led to the eternal struggle between parent and child: the battle over treats.

After Round 1 the score is, Max: 12, Parents: 0. (He's very sneaky and goes in when we're not looking.)


Kaitlyn (and Alison, for that matter) has been asking for weeks (if not months) if we could go to BouncerTown--an indoor play-place filled with arcade games where children can waste their money, as well as giant inflatable bounce houses and slides. We finally relented, and last week for Family Home Evening we took a trip there.

Kaitlyn deeply enjoyed cutting an imaginary rug on the Dance Dance Revolution pad. After seeing her mad dancing skills, we've enrolled her in Saturday ballet class at the local dance instructory.


Max enjoyed it as well, but that was mainly because I shook the stage enough to make him feel like he was dancing on his own.


In addition to slides and bouncing, Ali and Kaitlyn also enjoyed driving imaginary race cars.


One of the highlights, however, was that because we had gone at the end of the day and there were few other customers in the store, the teenage workers decided to give all of the extra tickets (you know, the ones that you win by wasting your money in those arcade machines) to the kids. We personally won only about 8 tickets. However, thanks to the generosity of the workers we walked out of there with about 150 tickets worth of suckers, treats, rings, knick-knacks and other worthless stuff. All in all, it was a great night.

Alison also had her first piano recital. She played the classic, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" as well as a duet with her teacher called, "The 10-Second Song." She did a great job. She was so brave--playing in front over 100 people--and even took a bow at the end (despite her insistence that she would never bow).

Megan and I have been working on painting some more walls in the house. At some point our house projects will be completed, right? Please tell me that they will be!

7 comments:

Christine said...

Max is getting so old. He no longer looks like a baby!

Michelle said...

LOVE the picture of Max in the red shirt. New camera? Hooray for Ali on the piano recital. I like her new haircut! And I heart DDR. Tell Kaitlyn she can play Mickey Mouse DDR at our house the next time she's in town! Miss you guys.

Megan said...

It IS a new camera!!! I'm so happy you noticed:) I've been telling Nathan that we need a new camera b/c our blog pictures are lame. hehe

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh--if Max looks THAT stinkin' cute after he scores another Hershey kiss, just give 'em the whole bag, man!

Josh and Michelle said...

My goodness! A lot sure is happening lately! I love to hear about it all! It always brightens my day and puts a smile on my face! I love and miss you guys so much! Lets do web cam soon...I think it works better for me on gmail. We'll talk soon. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Go Max! Enjoy those kisses!!
Ali looks so grown up at the piano, but good for her for making it through her first recital.
Your children are adorable!!

Amy & Mark said...

That picture of Max is so adorable! Way to go on your recital, Alison!