Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Heaven

I've never been to heaven. Certainly it wouldn't be heaven unless Megan were there too. And, it wouldn't be heaven without my family there either. That's the truth.

Before I was married, I dreamed that heaven would look something like this:


A room full of musical gear--keyboards and amps and drums and recording equipment and microphones...

...with electric guitars like Fenders and Les Pauls on the wall...


...as well as acoustic guitars like Martins and electric basses hanging prominently alongside CD's I'd recorded.

If only I could be home more to actually record!
But, to put things in perspective, I am one pretty lucky man. I'm lucky to be married to a woman who is practically perfect in every way. We luckily have 3 beautiful children. And, I--I mean, we--luckily have a basement recording studio.

************
Now, on a completely unrelated note, I must show off some pictures of at least one of the kids...

Lately, Max has been particularly clingy--constantly wanting to be held. So, I had to mow the lawn with him in one arm. It was tricky. Not only was it uphill both ways, but the lawn mower was also self-propelling. I somehow had to hold down the gas the whole time while walking behind the mower.


Note: In addition to "helping" to mow the lawn, Max also likes ice cream and messes.

9 comments:

Bruce and Mary Lee said...

I saw your pictures of heaven and wonder where you got them because I thought there should have been a basketball hoop and a racquetball court as well. Perhaps you should have pointed the camera a little bit more to the right so that they would show up in the photo.

It looks like Max was in heaven for his pose. He already has the white beard.

Brenda said...

My favorite part of your heaven is Homer Simpson holding a guitar!

Josh and Michelle said...

Wow that certainly does look like heaven! That's awesome! Way to go! And the best part is that you already have a band in the making! I know that Ali, Kaithlyn, Max, and even Megan must love it just as much as you! You can be the Call Rockers! Yes, I like it...it's like the Osmond family...the new and improved generation. ;) Love ya!

Josh and Michelle said...

By the way, Max is like a little man now! Holy moly! Can't wait to see you all soon! Love you!

Christine said...

Wow! What a room! Lucky man

Michelle said...

Congrats on the room...and Max is cute. The end.

Anonymous said...

Um, can you please remove the pictures of "heaven" before Eric sees them? =) I think it looks great, and so does Max!

EDS said...

Sorry, Lace, too late!!! Funny, Nathan, how your heaven is strikingly similar to mine. Over this last week I have been thinking a lot about renovating my guitar room. Now I've got added inspiration. I'm going to re-do the walls and knock out the closet to make more room. Right now my heaven is kind of dingy with cheap-looking brown walls, and needs a little upgrade.

S.A.S. said...

Dude! That recording studio really is heaven. Are you joking me? I think our next road trip is pretty much decided.

I don't check this blog out enough. Your kids are adorable, as always. And what!? You have a girl in second grade! When did this all happen.

So in case you missed it, Sarah and I are having a baby girl at the end of December. Pretty cool, huh.

Love you guys.

PMick