Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dear Technical Support

I received an interesting email from Megan yesterday:

Dear Technical Support,

I wish to issue a small, yet significant, complaint. My computer stinks. It may be the age of the computer, or it could be the age of a child who has touched it; either way, it is quite bothersome. I have to completely restart my computer each time I wish to use it; it is reminding of the days when I worked on a desktop computer--it's quite frightening. I look forward to your visit to our home, so that you can magically fix this proble

The computer froze and I had to turn it back on... I'll continue: lem. Thank you for your helpful service, and especially for the Milky Way bar you provided me the other day. While restarting the computer I was at least able to satisfy my palette.

Love, ahem, thank you.

Megan

Sorry--had to restart in order to be able to send


My response (now):

Dear Megan--

Your issue has been logged, and is important to us. All problems will be resolved in the order they were received. Your current estimated wait time is: 2 years. Until we are able to more fully address your concern, please try the following simple steps:

1. Reboot your computer.
2. Take you computer and throw it out the window. Video tape this and put it on the internet for the amusement of others.
3. Purchase a Miltope nearly-indistructable military computer able to withstand falls from 3-feet, temperatures of up to 160 degrees, and intense blowing sand (as found in Iraq). I recognize that these conditions may not be as extreme as those you describe, but are the closest analog.


Love, er, thank you.

--Nathan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time for a new laptop! Do they make laptops with padlocks on them?

Joanna said...

Hee hee. Hope you get it fixed soon! ;)

Bruce and Mary Lee said...

Megan, your blog is so clever. It sounds like you have leverage to lobby for special treatment from technical support.

Love,

Dad

mcintyreandco said...

That is hilarious!!!! And Milky Way's are my fav too! :)

Jessica said...

You two crack me up!! I love it!!! Do you have all the keys on your labtop, Meg? I have 3 missing on mine :-)