1) Max learned to climb out of his crib. We used to be able to sleep in past 7:00 a.m. in the morning without worrying that Max was awake, out and wandering the house unsupervised. Sure, the girls are now able to get up and turn on some cartoons. But, Max up and about is a different story.
2) Max learned to "use" the computer. By "use" I mean permanently disable certain keys on the keyboard by breaking them off entirely such that they can't be replaced. At least he's been judicious with the keys--who needs the Shift, Z, and V anyway?
3) Max learned to spill chocolate milk and orange juice on the brand new grand piano. This was during the day when we had literally taken our eyes off of him for less than a minute... (Obviously, we cleaned up the spills before taking a picture; and, fortunately, we were able to get it all cleaned up quickly.)
4) Max learned to open the pantry. By "open the pantry" I mean open the door to the pantry so hard that the door stopper punctures a hole in the door. Perhaps he's got a future as an Olympic weightlifter?
5) Max learned to get into the drawer in the fridge. The problem wasn't so much that he can get into the yogurt whenever he wants, but that he slams the drawer closed every time. One morning I opened the fridge and found a huge crack in the drawer.
6) Max learned to play drums on the new Pottery Barn table with a metal fork. I'm all for his learning to play the drums. We have the drum set in the basement for that express purpose. Fortunately, we had had the table for a week before this incident.
7) Max learned to move the new dining table chair to the fridge to try to reach a 9x13 glass pan of cake. Shortly after that, Max learned that a 9x13 glass pan is pretty heavy for a 2-year old to hold above his head. Then, he learned that if you drop a 9x13 glass pan on a new chair, the pan shatters and the chair breaks and gets deep scratches. He also learned that his parents get pretty upset if you keep doing stuff like this.
17 comments:
max is sure leaving big shoes for baby #4 to fill...here's hoping he/she doesn't out do max! so excited! love you all!
Happy for you. So very happy for you. And so very sorry about Max learning new tricks. I showed Aaron the post and he said, "[Reading that] was very unenjoyable." Don't know what Aaron would do if Gavin took a fork to our brand new table. He goes a little ape when we eat ketchup at the dinner table. ;) We love you guys.
I believe that Max has inherited his curiosity as well as his climbing skills. Rumor has it that his Grandfather's son was also an early climber plus he was an early spelunker having tunneled his way to freedom at times.
I believe this is a case of the delayed replay. I am glad that you are handling it with such a degree of calm and poise. Let me recommend the judicious use of the phrase, "M a a a a a a x!"
Love,
Dad
P.S. But you just have to love him. He is so stinking cute.
All I have to say is welcome to the world of boys! We have almost decided that it is not worth buying nice new furniture while we have young boys!
Congrats on baby #4! That is crazy! Just think, if it is another boy that means someone to help Max with all of his new tricks! Congrats again!
Congrats! Can't wait to see what a cutie #4 is!! :)
Congrats Megan! So excited for you guys.. :)
Is this what I have to look forward to with my boy? Cole has already made himself bleed way more than Ella, so I know that they play A LOT harder than girls do!
Congatulations! Thats exciting news. I know how tough it can be like when Chayston covered the entertainment with a stick of butter or when Ella colored her brand new shoes with marker. Wouldnt life be so dull with out them. The house would be cleaner, our stuff would last longer. But what the heck. THeir smiling faces are much more priceless.
Did not even see that announcement coming! How EXCITING!! Congrats you guys, I couldn't be happier for you!
Haha... I guess Max didn't serve as the best form of birth control after all! What a funny boy! He's gonna LOVE this post when he gets older. Show it to his girlfriends! Congrats on the upcoming arrival! That is so, so exciting!
Oh my gosh! Sounds like you guys have your hands full. Good thing Max is one of the cutest boys ever! :) And congrats on the pregnancy!
Congratulations! Either Max is preparing you for someone special, or you'll breathe a sigh of relief at his docile younger sibling. Enjoy the ride!
That is an amazing post! Wow, life is busy and full of surprises. Congratulations on your news!!! We're excited for you.
Whew! Reading that made me tired --good thing Max is so darn cute :)! Congratulations on your baby news!! So exciting -- can't wait to hear what you're having!
Gotta love Mr. Max!!!
Have I told you lately how cute he is. :)
My jaw literally dropped when I saw the cake on that poor poor chair. I'm nervous what I've got coming seeing as how my FIRST is a BOY.
Anyways, Congrats on #4! That's awesome!
Post a Comment