Sunday, April 18, 2010

Conseco Fieldhouse

We've been to Conseco Fieldhouse quite a few times in the past couple of weeks.

First, Megan and I went together on a date to see Carrie Underwood in concert. Not only was the concert entertaining, but it was very family friendly. We saw people of all ages. Our girls (especially Kaitlyn) would have loved it! We enjoyed her segue of her song "Jesus Take the Wheel" into a (fairly rockin') version of "How Great Thou Art."


The whole show was chock full of effects and props including a giant swing on a giant tree branch, an electronic LCD dress, and a blue pickup truck that 'rode' through the air over the whole arena.


It was very enjoyable and we'd definitely recommend it.

Megan's mom was able to procure 5 free tickets to the last Pacer's game of the season so we took all the kids...to Conseco Fieldhouse. (If you could see the scoreboard you'd see that the Pacers were down 20 in the 1st half).

We got 3 large buckets of popcorn and soda in re-usable cups that they were trying to get rid of. Max promptly spilled 1/2 of one of the buckets. But, fortunately he recovered by eating the other half so he could look cute by wearing the bucket as a hat.

Alison rooted for Dwight Howard, Vince Carter and the rest of the Orlando Magic and did her best to rub the score in my face at every possible moment. (She also refused to be photographed.)
Kaitlyn and I enjoyed yelling at the top of our lungs for the Magic to miss at every free throw opportunity.


Although Home Depot isn't Conseco Fieldhouse, we took our kids there too. (Mostly because this picture shows off our kids' respective personalities--Ali climbed to the highest possible spot she could, Kaitlyn (a.k.a. Vana White) showing off the product, and Max refusing to be outdone by his older siblings.

We've got a great 3.5 kids!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I want to be the kind of people that go to concerts, but Aaron doesn't like them. Sad. I'll live vicariously through you. I'll also have to live vicariously through you on the whole 3.5 kids thing....don't think I can talk Aaron into that either.

Michelle said...

That comment above is from me. My niece was using my machine and didn't see that she was still logged in.

Amy & Mark said...

I so love the picture of them at Home Depot that captures their personalities -- such cute kids!

CarlsonMom said...

Love your blog. You always make me smile.

Bruce Call said...

While we were in SLC we saw billboards all over promoting Carrie Underwood. I had no idea what her show would be like.
Glad you liked it. Maybe she will come to Tucson.

Your kids are so "stinking cute" and so are their parents.

Love,

Dad