Sunday, February 6, 2011

Back When We Liked Snow

My hands and back are still recovering from digging out from the storm from this last week that encased our house, driveway, basketball hoop, mailbox--even individual blades of grass--in inches of ice. One of our neighbors took advantage and ice skated around the neighborhood. I spent Friday night clearing 1 to 2 inches of frozen ice off of our driveway. Then, I spent some time again on Saturday afternoon doing the same thing for the sidewalks at church with the other elders from the quorum.

So, in keeping with my November 14, 2010 stance on blogging "about any event during the year (or any subsequent years) in any order that I please" I thought a nice post with some photos of a wonderous winter time before backbreaking ice picking might help alleviate some of my wrist, hand and back pain.

Photo #1: "I am Max, and I have conquered this Mt. Everest of a snow pile by the mailbox!"

Photo #2: "Oh...were you taking pictures? I hadn't noticed."


Photo #3: "Dad, take a picture of me sitting down."

Photo #D: "Dad take a picture of me being fabulous by the mailbox."


Photo #5: "Dad, I'm Freezing" / "Just Strike a Pose and Smile"

5 comments:

Camille said...

love the photos and the captions. glad you and your children appear to not be frozen like everything else. got the email with the picture of max in his glasses, and i knew he would look cute in them, but i didn't know he would look THAT cute! and handsome! love you all, talk soon!

Michelle said...

Cute kids. Crazy weather! Glad you lived to tell about it!

Christine said...

Oh Miss Kaitlyn you are such a little Diva.

I want more details on your move, if you sold your home, your new job, if you like it etc.....!!!!!

PMick said...

Hilarious - your kids are seriously getting so big!

Bruce and Mary Lee said...

Love the pics--and captions! Have to say your two inches of ice put our three days of no heat or hot water in perspective. At least there was no snow or ice!
Glad you're following the blog-in-any-order tradition. We're thinking of embarking on that journey ourselves, seeing as how we still have some good material from last year...:).
Love you all!