Sunday, January 27, 2013

Kids Say Things

So, I owe it to my loyal reader (i.e. Megan) to keep up the blogging this year, especially since I've gotten off to such a great start.  Now, granted, I missed last week because of that one reason and all, but I'm back to it this week.

As you know, Megan, Max wears glasses with a significant prescription.  This week, when you were looking at him you noticed that his glasses were covered with smudges, fingerprints, and other vision-obscuring dirtiness.  When you asked Max how it was humanly possible for him to see out of such dirt-covered lenses his response was: "Because I have really great eye sight."

Stock Photo: Max

When we were at Alison's basketball game last week (remember, Megan, you were there), I was trying to get Kaitlyn to cheer on her sister.  I showed her how you raise your fist by your ear in the cheerleading position while yelling out encouraging phrases at the players (or while disparaging the referees like I do).  She was finally pursuaded to give a try with a "Go Ali!  Woo!" which got progressively softer after she started.  Her reflection on how it went: "I kind of lost my confidence there at the end."


Stock Photo: Kaitlyn





Stock Photo: Alison

Avery is becoming obsessed with Just Dance 4, which, Megan, you will recall that Santa brought for Christmas, and now walks around the house singing "Here's my number, call me maybe."  Fortunately, she mixes it up occasionally with another number: "Ever ever ever ever ever ever ever, We-eee!"  Yep.  Just how Taylor Swift wrote it.

Stock Photo: Ava
Olivia doesn't say anything funny, but she now laughs when you tickle her!  (Less so when I do it.)



Why am I blogging again?  These are all stories that you told me.

3 comments:

Josh and Michelle said...

Absolutely hilarious! I'm glad you wrote it down for Megan...and the rest of us. :) loves!

Michelle said...

I love this blog. So glad that you're writing again. I've been a little behind myself, but I REALLY like seeing updates on your kids. Miss you guys!

Bruce Call said...

Nathan:

Your blogs reflect your legendary clever style. I love it.

Dad