Sunday, February 7, 2016

Kaitlyn's Fight Song

Yesterday, we had the goal of spending some quality time with each of the kids doing something that they wanted.  Olivia and I put together some puzzles (pronounced "puzz-o").  Ava and I did something, probably.  Max and I had some epic light saber battles and played Killer Bunnies.  We went and watched Alison play some assist-heavy John Stockton-like church ball. 

And, then Kaitlyn and I played a game where we say a song and see how many notes in a row of the melody we can play on piano by ear.  She's pretty good.  She wins more than I expect her to.

Yesterday, that game morphed a little into "figure out the chords to the song" and we chose "Fight Song" to figure out.  After a few minutes we had the main chord progression down and were having some fun jamming on it.  Then, I had to step away to for a moment address something with one of the other children.  When I came back, I found that Kaitlyn had started recording herself playing and singing it on my phone.

I asked her if she wanted to try to make a real music video for a few minutes.  This is what we came up with:



(Take that 3rd blog post of 52!)

2 comments:

Bruce Call said...

Amazing. She can really make it happen. You have to love a dad who can help put together such a neat video. Taylor Swift doesn't have anything on Kaitlyn.

Bruce and Mary Lee said...

Awesome, Kate! And your dad is showing real promise as a cinematographer.