Sunday, July 17, 2016

Signs, More Funny Signs

As you remember from 2011, I like funny signs. I'm always on the look out for funny, hilarious, comical, humorous, witty, jocular, hysterical, riotous, uproarious, and/or wacky or zany signs.  (But, those types only.)
 
My beloved family knows this.  For my birthday this year (only 2 months past--so I'm not that far behind), as they went to go acquire a delectable treat for us to consume in my honor, they saw the cookie cake below out on display for sale.
 
It didn't have any "sale" sign or "clearance" notification of any kind, so apparently they thought this was a perfectly legitimate, defect-free product.  It reads:
 
"Happy Birthday Day!"
 
 
Now, I'm no expert, but isn't that second "day" pretty much redundant, or superfluous?  Just sayin'.
 
Actually, I do need to go later to the ATM machine to enter my PIN number, and see if the LCD display will allow me to download in PDF format.
 
I bet what happened was that the baker had just come down with RAS syndrome and it hadn't passed yet.
 
Then, just 3 weeks ago, we went with the youth in our stake to visit the historical church sites in Palmyra (NY not Syria).  While we were visiting the location where the first editions of the Book of Mormon were published, we came across this little ditty on a first floor exit:
 
 
This sign was very effective.  In fact, probably one of the most I've ever seen as no one in any of the groups (over 220 kids!) tried to use that door, and further, there were no reports of lion attacks.

This sign also illustrates the importance of reading the footnotes--which is a good, secondary lesson.
 
(2016 Blog Post #12?  Check.)

No comments: