If I were on track--posting 1 blog entry per week towards my goal of 52 for the year--then as of this week I would have 36 entries. I have 13. So, I'm woefully behind and desperate for content. Desperate. Content.
I thought, it would be fun to take a walk down memory lane and re-visit our family Christmas letters (at least the ones I could find), since those should be posted for our posterity and your entertainment.
So, without further ado, here's the earliest one I could find: 2003.
**************************************
Dear Family and Friends:
2003 has been a wonderful year. It has now been 1 full year that we have lived in Provo. We feel so at home in our new house, neighborhood, and ward.
Speaking of the ward, Nathan is currently serving as Scoutmaster and 2nd Counselor in the Young Men’s Presidency. He has also enjoyed working remotely for IBM—especially the “commute.” It’s nice for him to be able to have lunch with Megan, and take 5-minute breaks to play with Alison in order to remember why he works so hard.
Speaking of working hard, Megan is learning how to juggle family, school, and church responsibilities simultaneously. The exciting thing is that she has only 1 year left before graduating from BYU in Marriage, Family, and Human Development. Megan is also doing her fair share in scouting working with the Cub Scouts, as the 2nd Counselor in the Primary Presidency.
Speaking of Primary, Ali isn’t in it. However, we are sure glad she attends Nursery. It’s amazing how much of a difference 1 year makes: at this time last year Alison couldn’t walk, say words, or eat normal food. Now Ali runs around, has a vocabulary that grows daily, and drags us to the pantry to pick out her favorite snacks. Also, she has somehow gotten cuter over the past year—if that’s even possible! During this Christmas season she has loved learning more about baby Jesus.
Speaking of Christmas, it’s nice to celebrate this season and remember what matters most. We are thankful for the life, perfect example and Resurrection of Him whose birth we celebrate. Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment