A week ago, I made a chicken pot pie for Sunday dinner. Now, I don't normally cook. That is to say, I don't cook. I'm more of an eating man myself. But, with Megan being at t-minus 4 or 5 weeks and all, I thought it was high time that I step up to the plate and make Sunday dinner for a change. Surprisingly, it actually turned out pretty well. Perhaps a little too well, in fact. Megan wanted to be sure to document my achievement and, I'm sure, to have something to use for blackmailing purposes later:
So, now I'm getting in to the regular rotation. Tonight's entree: Tweety Bird waffles. I need to tone it down a little. I can't be too fancy.
Alison is continuing to enjoy kindergarten. We went to Parent's Night at her school on Tuesday, and found out that after she's tired and comes in from recess that she sits down to rest and starts spilling all of the beans to her teachers. Her student teacher, Ms. Casanova, whom we met only briefly a couple of days before school started, came up to us at Parent's Night and said, "So...Ali says you're still deciding whether to name the baby Max or not. And, I guess Kaitlyn is liking her 'big girl bed' now?" We were glad that that was the extent of the leak after Ms. Casanova also told us that some of the other kids in the class pretend to talk on the phone and say things like, "It's dinner time. Why aren't you here yet? Get home now!"
It turns out that kids are always listening--so you have to be sure you're setting the best example possible.
On Saturday morning, it was uncharacteristically quiet in the morning. When we went downstairs we discovered that Alison had been cutting papers for her "card party," complete with neatly stacked and organized piles of pre-cut pieces ready for assembly just like Megan does for her "real" card parties. This picture really doesn't do it justice. It was so cute!
Kaitlyn is just our little girly girl. Every day she wants to wear a skirt--the exact same pink skirt! We've been trying to help her learn that clothes in the hamper are dirty and shouldn't be worn again until they have been washed. We're still working on it.
In other news, it has been fascinating to watch Kaitlyn sit and play in one place with her dolls and her Polly Pockets for long durations of time. She also loves the fact that Alison brings home a new book from her school everyday, and they get to read it together. Hopefully, Kaitlyn will become a great little reader like Alison is (who happens to be standing right next to me right reading each word that I type aloud).
I would post some pictures of Megan if I weren't scared for my life of what she would do if I did that.
But, Megan is glad that we have our nursury, changing table and rocking chair all set up. She has definitely been going through "nesting" and wanting to have everything prepared for the new baby. She ordered a new car seat and some new baby clothes. She bought some little baskets to use as drawers for baby clothes storage. I think we're about ready. Now we just have to let the little guy simmer for another couple of weeks, and be born precisely on a day when I don't have class and am not in the middle of first quarter exams. I'm sure he'll be a highly obedient and cooperative boy and arrive on our schedule.
3 comments:
Impressive! Teach Bryan! ;). We are so excited for the baby to come (as I'm sure you all are, especially Megan). And we are also proud of Alison, and happy that Kaitlyn is enjoying her big girl bed. We love you tons! And Nathan, I really enjoyed the t-4 weeks style talk...gotta love MBA nerds :).
What a great post! thanks for all the details and pictures - it makes me feel like I'm there! And it's fun to hear things from Nathan's side - even though I talk to Megan on a regular basis. - Michelle
She hasn't "divulged" anything in primary...yet. In fact, she hardly talks at all in class. She is such a cutie.
Post a Comment