Monday, September 24, 2007

Recent Events

Kaitlyn is excelling in her negotiation skills. I can tell that I'll be able to contribute significantly in my "Bargaining and Negotiating" class next quarter after having come to several successful agreements with Kaitlyn. Perhaps she could try her hand with the UAW.

For example, tonight we were trying to persuade Kaitlyn to eat her dinner so that she could participate in the FHMM treat. In a very matter-of-fact way she responded, "When I wake up, then I can eat my dinner, OK guys?"

As we were walking home from the field she kept saying "Ow. Ow. Ow." I looked down and asked her what was wrong. She said, "My baby keeps hitting me" as she took the baby doll's right hand and continued pounded it into her own chest. It was so cute and funny, I had to take this picture:



This past week Ali had her first field trip. She went with her class to the apple orchard to pick apples with her kindergarten class. Megan was able to switch babysitting with a friend so that she could go as a "room mother" or "teachers helper" or "mom who wanted to go have fun, spy on her daugther, and take pictures." Ali was very adamant about the fact that we needed to ask her before we could eat any of the 5 lbs. of apples that she picked.


Tonight for FHMM we went to "the field" that is close to our house to play baseball for our activity. Ali is actually getting very good at hitting the ball when you pitch it to her underhand. She can even throw it up in the air and then hit it herself. As we were walking home I said to Megan, "I love it--she loves making cards and playing baseball." Ali overheard and said,"Yeah...now it's my favorite sport."



I needed a thank you card to send to a contact today, so I asked my beautiful, creative wife if she had any thank you cards already made that I could use. After perusing her file of over 150 cards, I decided that pink and purple with flowers and ribbons, probably wasn't the most business appropriate card to send. So, I decided to make my own card.

Here it is (there is nothing on the inside):

I told Megan that she should use my design at one of her next card parties. She said I've really got talent and should consider becoming a demonstrator.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I think you should quit school and sell your cards - you might make more money than you would with an MBA! ;) - Michelle

Josh and Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.