Being home also meant that I had more time to help around the house. I got to work on the house, and Ali really wanted to help. So, I told her that she could vacuum. To my surprise, she enthusiastically agreed and volunteered to do the computer room. I wanted to be sure to document it, since I don't expect her enthusiasm to continue as she gets older.
This wasn't just an isolated episode. This week Ali has been as polite and kind, saying "please" and "thank you," as she has ever been in her whole life. The motivation that Santa inspires by only taking presents to the good kids is really remarkable.
Unfortunately, I did have to go to school to work on things a couple of times during the week. During one such time, I received a phone call from Megan to inform me that our "sweet Kaitlyn" had taken advantage of Megan's showering time to open EVERY present under the Christmas tree. Megan came downstairs expecting to find Kaitlyn watching Disney Channel, but found this instead:
This morning, just as we were getting ready to leave for church, Kaitlyn came running in to me with my iPod which she had found and proclaimed, "Dad! I'm going jogging." (She's seen Megan take the iPod with her whenever Megan goes jogging. In fact, Megan doesn't really like to even go jogging without it.)
Finally. I thought I ought to pass along that we have formally accepted the offer to join Accenture Strategy. I think the fact that I had a job in the bag, may also have contributed to my comparatively peaceful exam season. We are really excited about the opportunity.
Now, we haven't received the signing bonus check in the mail just yet, but since it's coming, I figured it was in everyone's best interest to go ahead and pick the up natural mahogany finish Gibson Les Paul Studio.


8 comments:
Congratulations on your new addition...the guitar, I mean. (Eric will be so excited!) And if you'd like to pass along any advice on how to get my kids to behave as nicely as your Ali, I'd appreciate it. We seem to have hit the "post-baby acting out" phase. Sigh.
That little Kaitlyn is so mischievous!
Nate, you totally deserve the guitar man. We want to hear you play next time we get together. Have a safe holiday season! -Seth
Awesome guitar. Congrats! Kaitlyn is pretty sneaky, but smart. Mom's shower is the perfect opportunity to cause all sorts of trouble!
Sweet sweet guitar. You most definitely deserve it. And I like that Kaitlyn. She has all the guts to do the things I always wanted to do as a kid.
P.S. When Ali is done cleaning at your house, do you want to send her over to ours?
HOLY MOLY NATHAN! That Guitar is most definitely ROCKIN! You lucky! I hope to visit you very soon and then we can enjoy the sweet tunes that will come from that oh-so-lovely guitar! Also, I can not believe that you have read that whole stack of papers...you are definitely one dedicated student...which obviously has been good since you have a sweet job to accompany all that hard work. Nicely done! Your kids are still adorable...surprise surprise. haha! Love you all so much!
Congrats! I am so excited for you to be done Nate, I know just how you are feeling. I've enjoyed reading all your postings but miss seeing you guys. We had our annual white elephant party last night and we talked about you all and missed you. Love the guitar, you deserve it.
I love reading your blog and looking at the pictures you post. The blog seems to shorten the distance between our homes. Are you bringing the new guitar at Christmas?? I am sure that Michael will drool over it. :) Looking forward to hearing you guys jam.
Post a Comment