Moving on.This was the week of the Easter egg hunts. The first hunt took place at my school on Thursday evening. It started at 5:00 p.m. and was served with Chic-Fil-A dinner for the families of students (and faculty) with of-age children. Unfortunately, I was in class until 6:00 p.m. and although I came hungry, I was left to pick through discolored carrots and fried nugget breading. So, I ended up just asking the girls if they wanted to share some of their delectables with their poor old dad so he wouldn't starve. Ali got her face painted, and Kaitlyn filled her basket so full that it was a balancing act just to keep the eggs in the basket.
Then, on Friday, a bunch of people from church got together during the day for another egg hunt in which about two dozen or more kids ran hog wild through a field in search of more candy-filled eggs.
Saturday was supposed to be yet another church-friend hunt, but we felt that the kids were getting a little candied out, and opted out. We received a wonderful Easter package replete with treats from my parents --so the girls really didn't miss out on anything.
Today we colored and painted our Easter eggs after church. Kaitlyn was playing with the little metal dipper before we finished getting everything out and was successfully able to lose it right before we got started. So, we ended up having to use tongs and spoons. Well...that was the plan anyway. Ali thought that by using her fingers she would be able realize her mental egg designs with much greater precision.
So, to my surprise, it turns out the egg coloring stuff really stains well, especially if you had added some lemon juice to it, per the instructions on the box. It looks like Ali's fingertips are just going to be green and blue for a couple of days; 5 minutes of washing with every soap imaginable didn't do very much.However, the girls definitely enjoyed being able to color their eggs.
We tried to take advantage of the family time around the table to talk about the real reason we celebrate Easter since Kaitlyn's answer earlier in the week to the question, "Why do we have Easter?" was "So that we can have fun."
Of course, Easter wouldn't be quite complete without the traditional new Easter Sunday dresses. Here's the best picture we could get of the girls in their cute pink dresses:
In other news, Megan has been feeling a bit under the weather the last couple of days, so I've tried extra hard to step up and fill her shoes so she could rest--but they're big shoes to fill! (I'm not afraid to admit that we ended up just ordering pizza for dinner on Saturday night.)
In closing, here are some other hilarious quotes from the week:
Megan: I've wanted to find a recipe with garbanzo beans for a long time.
Ali: And this is the only thing you could find? (Referring to our spinach and garbanzo bean soup.
Ali: I've been up marking my scriptures for hours!
Nathan (or was it Megan?): That's so great! Do you mark the verses you like before your read them, or after you read them?
Ali: Before.
Nathan: Ali, I'm a magician.
Ali: You're a mathematician? Vertices!
Nathan (puzzled): Did you say "vertices"?
Ali: Yes. A triangle has three vertices.
5 comments:
we love your cute little family
Happy Easter! Thanks for calling, wish we could have chatted before the time difference made it too late...love you tons and thanks for keep up with the Sunday posts. Love you!
I read your blog on Monday, but didn't comment yet. Last night while I was lying in bed I thought of Ali saying, "And THIS is the only thing you could find?" and I laughed out loud again. I love your kids and I love you for blogging their stories.
those are classic quotes. we love your posts and your family! your visit just made our Easter Sunday. thanks for making the trek.
What I want to know is how long it took Kaitlin to a) eat her own candy, and b) find Ali's hidden candy and eat that too. Oh, and was it really warm enough for flip-flops on Sunday? We had to wear winter coats here! Love you guys!!
Post a Comment