Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Consultant's Daughter

Alison and I now share a special bond: we both spend hours in front of PowerPoint. Ali's cousin Grant introduced her to it a month or two ago and showed her how to do a few simple tasks. She's since learned how to change the background color, use word art, add clip art, change fonts and colors and many other things that I'm sure I don't know how to do and will have to ask Ali for help with.

This past week I was able to work from home and not travel to the client site since I'm just starting a new project. On more than one occasion Ali came downstairs to my office and saw me working on PowerPoint. She just smiles, nods and says something like, "You're working on your PowerPoint, huh Dad?" She apparently sees no distinction between my work and hers. Maybe I can outsource some of my PowerPoint work to a low cost region like Ali's room and pay her in trips to the pool.

So, without further ado, I present Ali's PowerPoint:


In other news, Megan and Kaitlyn had some great bonding time this weekend. They went shopping--just the two of them--and Kaitlyn picked out a new dress and a new night gown (which she wears around the house all day long like a dress). Kaitlyn was in heaven!

Ali got to go "shopping online with Mom" because she turned down the chance to accompany Megan and Kaitlyn to the store. She was also in heaven.

Max and I have also had some good bonding time at church. We've learned that it is between 220 and 250 paces to circle the entire church hallway during sacrament meeting, Sunday School or Elders Quorum--depending on how fussy he is and how many people are in the hallway.

So, to close, I was informed by Alison that she took the best pictures she could with the camera today. Let's have a look:




7 comments:

md said...

Ali is WAY too talented, definitely an arts major (she rocks at making cards like her Mom)! And when I first read this, I thought you posted that Megan bought a new night gown, TMI (too much info)! Then, I reread! LOL! We miss you guys!

Michelle said...

I can't tell you how much I love your blog. I just love it. You are a great writer and I aspire to tell good stories like you. Ali is VERY talented. And yes, Gavin screams a lot. In fact, today, Aaron and I were saying how loud he is. Today happens to be one of his worst days. He was pretty fussy.

Camille said...

WOW. I should start outsourcing my work to Ali too. I don't use nearly as many cool special effects. And I found her presentation very informative. For instance, I'm not familiar with frog football, nor did I know that swimming is Ali's favorite sport. Awesome. Love ya! Thanks for another great post!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how different our Ali's are! I was shocked when MY Ali said that she wanted to sign up for soccer this fall, but then she admitted that it was only because she likes getting the treat at the end. I told her I would take her to the park, let her kick the soccer ball for a few mintues, then take her to the gas station for a treat. She was much happier with that idea! =)

Oh, and I didn't even recognize Max in that picture with Megan! Where did his cheeks go??

mcintyreandco said...

Your children amaze me! Alison is SO smart! And Kaitlyn is such a girl...I love it! And Max...I wouldn't have recognized him. Ask Ali to take a picture of Max so we can see all of him. Can you believe he will be ONE in a month and a half?!?! Where has the time gone...really?!?! I love being able to read about the family and keep in touch. You have a great family!

Bruce and Mary Lee said...

I don't know why so many people are amazed at your charming, intelligent, good looking, clever, creative, and computer savy kids, after all: LOOK AT THEIR FAMILY TREEE!

Ali, how much do you charge for Power Point presentations? Yours was great.

Shannon said...

I can't believe that little girl I taught in nursery class, who was still so little when you all moved, is making powerpoint presentations!!! Are you kidding me? I couldn't do that if my life depending on it. Crazy how fast kids grow and change! visit us at weaverfam.blogspot.com
We miss you guys and our game nights!