Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Stuff to Blog About

So, with my travel schedule, and my new de-prioritization of blogging on Sunday, I've discovered that I don't ever have pictures with me to upload and blog about. Enter Megan. I asked my wonderful wife if she wouldn't mind uploading a few pictures that we took last week, and I would go ahead and blog about them. Let's take a look at what she's provided:



Hmm.

Well...I'll give it a try.

Um, on the top picture you'll see some really cool cards that I could never make and which use some interesting colors and stamps and you have to be pretty good to make. The second picture is what Megan is making for her Scrapin' Open House at our house this weekend.

Wait. Maybe I'm supposed to talk about the tile. Notice how the tile is square. Oh well. I guess if you want to find out more about whatever I was supposed to write about you can visit Megan's stampin' website: http://www.meganisstampin.stampinup.net/

It's still a work-in-progress. She's still getting over scoring the winning run in the stake YW/Relief Society softball tournament. Yep. She's a champ.

Ali started first grade at her new school. It's been traumatic. She was home all summer. I was home all summer. But, I'm getting through it OK, and I think after a few more weeks I'll be just fine. Ali, on the other hand, is excited about her new teacher and making new friends and everything that has to do with school.

I can't believe I'm old enough to have a first grader.

Kaitlyn is really getting into playing house. Or as she calls it, "playing baby." It consists of going down to the basement, laying down on a blanket she has laid out on the floor, and pretending to sleep. Then she says, "Honey...it's time to wake up." We pretend to go the store and push around her dolls in the stroller. Then, Kaitlyn says something like, "My babies are crying. I need to go. Sorry!" to an imaginary store clerk. Then you have to lay back down on the blanket and start all over again. Do this for 3 hours. Straight.

And...she loves wearing her night gowns all day long. Here is Kaitlyn's new night gown I mentioned in the last post.


Max getting cuter and cuter and more and more grown up and functional. He's able to stand on his own for a second or two, but then he freaks out and immediately sits down or tries to grab on to something. He also has several new teeth coming in, which will help him to actually chew his Cherrios ©.


And, as for me, I'm learning that getting on the earlier flight doesn't necessarily mean you get home much sooner than you had planned originally if you have to sit on the runway in Newark for 2 hours while tornado warnings in Manhattan ground all planes.

8 comments:

Christine said...

First grade! I can't believe it. Max looks so much older.

mcintyreandco said...

I have to say that when looking at the cards, which are AMAZING, I was also very impressed at how CLEAN your tile was! Leave it to me to notice that! :) Loved the pics of the kids, especially Max! He is getting so BIG! What a happy boy! You have a One Year Birthday coming up! Can't believe it's already here. Love the blog!

Bruce and Mary Lee said...

I am very concerned with what appears to be happening in your family: Allison in first grade; Kaitlyn playing house, Max almost walking. What are you and Megan doing? The next thing you know Allison will be in second grade which is only a short hop from third grade which is only half of sixth grade which of course is middle school which comes right before high school and everybody knows that college and marriage come after high school. And then what do you have? Grandchildren! You are letting things get way out of control If you don't run home right now and reverse this trend then you will be in my shoes which are size 10! So what do you say about that?
Great photos and blog.

Michelle said...

I love the pictures. Max is getting so big and your girls are so grown up it blows me away. Nice cards, Megan!

Amy & Mark said...

Alison look so sweet on her first day (I can't believe we have a first-grader either). The pictures of the kids are so cute!

Kristin said...

Hello cute Call family!! I found you out here in cyberspace today. Your kids are so cute and so big. WOW-I'll have to get caught up with where you are and everything . . . glad I've found this happy place to stalk.
Kristin Frey

Anonymous said...

Fun party, Megan! You're coming over this week, right?!

Shannon said...

Your kids are so cute! I just want to kiss that baby boys' chubby cheeks!