Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day of Second Grade

Alison happily began 2nd grade today, so I thought I would dote on her a bit. I really loved having her home this summer. She's a happy helper and very responsible. I rarely have to remind her to unload the dishes, make her bed, practice piano, clean-up after herself, etc. She's a hard worker, likes to stay busy, wakes up early (hopefully she keeps this trend up when she attends early-morning-seminary), and enjoys learning. She is so her father.

And here she is on her first day of school. She chose her "Girls are Hoop Stars" shirt. She's a bit of a tomboy, and was upset that I made her hair too curly.Here is Alison's at-home fan club. Kaitlyn and Max are bored without having her here. They've already let me know that I'm just no fun. And these are her bus-stop buddies. What a fun group!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

First off, I can't believe they already started school and she is really in 2nd grade! Your kids are so cute, really. We miss you guys!

Michelle said...

Wow. 2nd grade?? And Jen's boys in Kindergarten! Where has the time gone!!??

Amy said...

I can't believe she is in 2nd grade already!
We really want to try to come out and visit you guys but I don't know that we will have time before Blake starts preschool (and at $200/month he isn't going to miss a day!) We will have to try to figure something out soon!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for 2nd grade! Preschool will start before you know it, and pretty soon it will just be you and Max. Great pictures!

mcintyreandco said...

2nd grade already?!?! Where has the time gone. I still remember the little Ali who "read" books to my boys who were just babies! She is adorable and I'm glad she is so responsible and a great helper. Great pics!

Scott and Jamie said...

So fun to have your kids get all excited about school. Only if they knew the long road ahead of them...

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe...2nd grade already. She is a cutie pie!

Kristin said...

School already!! Craziness.

And your little man of the house couldn't be any cuter.

CarlsonMom said...

Cute, cute, CUTE. Love the blog!!!!

Bruce and Mary Lee said...

I think Alison gets her organization skills from her mother. How in the world did you get her to be so on the ball? Easy--Great Example!

Cute blog.

Love,

Dad

Amy & Mark said...

What a cute little 2nd grader -- can you believe she's in 2nd grade?! By the way, Millie was just asking after Alison the other day asking where she lives now and if she'll ever see her again.

Christine said...

Love the at-home family fan club!