Saturday, February 20, 2010

Megan's Date

Well, everyone knows I'm a check-off-the-list-kind-of-girl, so after taking the test I quickly planned our date, got a sitter, and was ready for our fun-filled evening. I had received a decent score--56, but I still had a lot to make up for. I was lucky enough that most of the questions I missed were food-related. You think I would know my husband's favorite foods--after all, the way to a man's heart is his stomach. But, I think all his traveling has changed his food preferences; or perhaps, I'm not used to cooking for him anymore:)

So we began the evening with his favorites: broccoli, watermelon, and my homemade fettucini alfredo (I used to make this all the time when we were first married, but then I recognized that butter and heavy whippping cream--the 2 main ingredients--are horribly unhealthy, so I stopped making it. And an embarassing side note--I made this meal the first time I cooked dinner for my super-healthy-in-laws. They must have cringed when they saw the butter-soaked noodles.)

During dinner, each of the family members had their own age-appropriate math worksheet to work on, since math is Nathan's favorite subject. For the record, I never once recall Nathan coming home from MBA school excited about math problems--yet he was always enthusiastic when he spoke about his marketing classes. Hmmmm....I think he got this one wrong--not me.
After dinner we went in the family office for some random dancing (he claimed he didn't know what dancing was on his answer sheet--so I didn't even have a chance of getting it right); and we danced to his favorite song "Eruption." Also, "Eruption" has no words to it, so I don't think it should have counted. I thought his favorite song was one that he had written. What a humble man.
After dinner Nathan and I met my sister and brother-in-law at The Cheesecake Factory for Nathan's favorite dessert--Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. He ate it so quickly that I didn't have time for a photo.
When we got home Nathan serenaded me with his Les Paul (favorite toy) and we watched The Bourne Identity (favorite movie). The easiest points I earned were from the question: What's your favorite activity...I thought it was recording music, but it was spending time with Megan...aaahhhhh! I got those points just for showing up!
We had a fabulous time spending time together. Thanks Dad and Mary Lee!

3 comments:

Bruce and Mary Lee said...

Megan, as always you did a great job of recreating the date for us. We also found that sometimes the person did not know their own favorites. Amazing! We wish we could have been there. Oh well, maybe next time.

Love,

Dad

Michelle said...

VERY fun. I wish I could have been there to go with you to the Cheesecake Factory. I love that place and love you guys more so it would have been a fun night! Heart. I miss you terribly.

Bruce and Mary Lee said...

Are you kidding?! We loved your fettucini alfredo--and everything else you cook! Well, maybe we did have to cut back on our serving of Bryers ice cream that night, but you've got to live it up once in a while!
Sounds like a really fun date. I'm sure the math problems were Ali's and Kaitlyn's favorite part :). They're getting so good at it!
Love to you all,
Mary Lee