Sunday, February 28, 2010

Nathan's Date

Megan scored much higher (56) on her answers for me than I did in my answers for her (44). Thus, I faced a significant challenge planning a date including at least 14 of the 17 questions I missed. My strategy was simple: combine as many activities into a single location as possible in order to maximize the point total and minimize the number of different locations required.

I prepared a series of options that Megan could choose from:
  1. Feed Your Stomach
  2. Feed Your Body
  3. Feed Your Mind
  4. Feed Your Sweet Tooth (Part I and Part II)
  5. Feed Your Ears
  6. Feed Your Creativity
  7. Stop Feeding
Megan's first pick was "Feed Your Mind" so we went to Barnes and Noble to find another book by the author of Megan's favorite book (The Glass Castle), and to search for book on strategies to win her favorite game (Settlers of Catan).

While we found books by the author, we were unable to find books on Settlers. We did however, find a very interestingly titled book on gambling with dice...

...as well as the actual game of Settlers.

Our next stop was "Feed Your Body" where we went to Dick's Sports to buy a t-shirt for Megan's favorite style of dress (rough and touble) that was blue (Megan's favorite color) and that had to do with football (Megan's favorite sport to watch) and price basketball hoops (Megan's favorite sport to play).

After that we to "Feed Your Stomach" by going to Panera (Megan's favorite "fast food" restaurant) for dinner.


After dinner we decided to do both "Feed Your Sweet Tooth" parts and went to Kroger to race to see who could get Megan's favorite bread (cinnamon roll) or Megan's favroite fruit (honeycrisp apple) first. Megan won. (Do you know how many different kinds of apples there are?!) We also got Megan's favorite dessert (brownie sundae) at some point.

We made a quick detour on the way home to pick up Megan's favorite movie (The Italian Job) to watch when we got home to "Stop Feeding".

But, before pressing play we reviewed the pictures that we took to "Feed [Our] Creativity" and I played and sang "When You Say Nothing At All" (Megan's favorite song) on our new piano (Megan's favorite toy).

Phew! It was an exciting and action packed date. I hope Megan had as much fun as I did!

(This post posted by Nathan; pictures uploaded by Megan.)

8 comments:

mcintyreandco said...

How fun! You guys are so creative! Settlers...still her favorite game! :) Im glad you had fun!

Megan said...

I did have a blast! Isn't my hubby creative?! And my in-laws for coming up with date game.

Anonymous said...

You guys make such a great team. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

What fun dates!! Looks like you had a blast. I think we will have to try this.

Michelle said...

How fun! Again, I want to be there for these fun dates.

Scott and Jamie said...

That is so fun! You guys are so cute and creative. I love how you still do fun things after being married for a while.

Bruce and Mary Lee said...

You really are a great date planning team--maybe there's a side business in here somewhere if ever needed?! So fun to learn about your favorites and see how you creatively wove them into your dates.
Loves!

Kevin and Leah Mitchell said...

This is such a great idea! Fun to read about each of your dates. We'll have to try it...