Saturday, February 27, 2016

Ali's Music Video

Admittedly, I'm not off to the perfect start to the blogging, as I had originally intended.  Still, something is better than nothing--unless that "something" is being awakened at 5:00AM this morning by Olivia who couldn't find her white blanket (pronounced "blain-tee") which was actually just under her other blanket--in which case "nothing" is definitely better than "something."  But, I digress.

After discovering (with Kaitlyn) that I could make the kids test subjects in practice music videos of all kinds, and discovering that they actually liked it too (I can't tell you how many people Kaitlyn has wanted to show her video to), I thought it would be worthwhile to give Alison a chance to shine, after observing her reaction to Kaitlyn's video production.

Our kids are becoming wonderful multi-instrumentalists, this gave Ali a good chance to show off some of her skills (although as I type this I realize that we didn't get any good ukulele shots here).

Any who, here's Ali doing her best Taylor Swift impression.  She rocks!


(For all of about 7 minutes of shooting and 30 minutes of editing, that wasn't too shabby, I don't think.)

What's that tremendous improvement in camera stability in this video vs. Kate's, you ask?  That's the latest toy I'm rather excited about--my Lanparte HHG-01 gimbal.  My new secret weapon in video-making.

(4 down.  48 to go.)

2 comments:

Bruce Call said...

It goes to show that the talents of the parents rub off on the kids. And what a great job of rubbing off at that!

Bruce and Mary Lee said...

Love it, Ali! And your dad's skills are getting better and better. Love those close in/out shots.