As in every good dance, Kaitlyn told me what I needed to wear so that we appropriately matched, as much as possible. The Activity Girls made cute little matching, teal-colored hair roses, so we found my most teal-like shirt, took a mandatory pre-dance photo, and then hopped in the car for our pre-dance Daddy-Daughter dinner at Panera with some of the others dads and daughters from the stake that we knew were going to be there.
At Panera, we split a "You Pick 2" that Kaitlyn had selected and that I finished while chatting about CCAR scenarios, the positives and negatives of using excess cash for stock buy backs in public companies, and the level of preparation for Sacrament Meeting speaking engagements. And, that was just what the girls wanted to talk about! (Well...maybe it was the dads having that conversation. I'm not sure.)
Once we got there, we did our very best to dance to the "stomp left two times" song, some song about a "party in the USA" requiring "nodding your head like 'yeah'", and shaking some stuff off (I assume snow).
Then, they busted out the limbo stick. Which I tried. And, I'm sure the back ache that I'm feeling today is completed unrelated. They didn't make us sign any waivers before attempting it, so I'm out of luck there.
Kaitlyn managed to start some very important trends while we were there: the conga line, the circle where people take turns dancing from one side to the other, and the DWTS spinning/twirling thingy from one side to the other (see photo below).
In all, we had a great time and it was inspiring to see the dads do anything (including dance like idiots--at least that's how it was in my case) to make sure their daughters were happy.
Dads. Daughters. Dancing. Who knew?



No comments:
Post a Comment