Sunday, April 3, 2016

Olivia's Obstacle Course

So, I'm downstairs working on putting the living room back together after we brought desks, crayons, rolling chairs, floormats, "conference packets," , games, baby dolls, notebooks, pens, bowls of treats and dress up clothes downstairs to be able to watch General Conference and make sure we had all of the tools necessary to get as much out of it as possible.

From upstairs, Kaitlyn calls out, "Umm...Dad.  Can you up here for a minute?" in that tone of voice--the half-puzzled, half Houston-we-have-a-problem one.  I paused my vacuuming and sauntered upstairs to investigate what the problem, or potential problem, might be.

When I got there, Kaitlyn said, "Look what Olivia did--all by herself" and pointed to the most unique indoor obstacle course anyone in the family has ever assembled:

She had lined up the indoor slide at the top of the 2 stairs that step down into Alison and Kailyn's room to land on the indoor, mini trampoline.  From there, it stepped back up onto Kaitlyn's gymnastics pad which was folded in thirds. 

Next to that, she had dumped out one of the bins of toys from the play room and turned it upside down to serve as a giant step stool onto the kids play table which she had also brought in from the play room.

She then proceeded to show me how it worked (click to view):

Olivia's Obstacle Course

Of course, once the older kids (who weren't too big to break the thing) saw how it was done, they wanted in on the action.

My first instinct was to bust them, but, then I thought, let's party!

Fortunately, they were able to cry hysterically when I asked them to take it down so that Ali and Kaitlyn could actually get in and out of their bedroom and go to bed.

No comments: