If I were on track, I would have, by my estimate, 16 blog posts by this point in the year if I had posted every week. This is post #9. So...I'm behind, but not so far behind that reaching my goal of 52 is totally out of reach. Let's do this.
So, one of the things I occasionally do--some may even say it's something I like to do, though that's probably up for debate--is make crazy and purposefully lame raps to try to get the kids to laugh or smile or acknowledge my presence. It's usually free style, which means that it's pretty terrible.
One of the kids' favorites from past attempts is:
Pajamas, pajimmas, I like to go swimming.
(Yes, you can see why I'm the guitarist in the band, not the singer or lyricist.)
Well, today I was at it again when Max stopped me and said, "Dad, you shouldn't rap. Rappers use cuss words, and that's not good."
I then tried to explain to him that not all rappers used cuss words and attempted to demonstrate:
Sit down and press play on the recorder
Your room has lots of stuff in it because you are a hoarder
(Don't judge me. They are purposefully bad. Seriously. Purposefully.)
Max then proceeded to explain, and I quote, "Dad, that is still offensive to me. You called me a hoarder."
I'm glad that the boy has high standards. But, I guess it's time for me to hang up the giant clock around my neck for good and stick with what I actually do well musically: listen to the radio at deafening volumes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment