They had even set out the cookbook and opened it to the specific page for waffles! So...we had waffles this morning. How could I turn them down after they totally set me up?
We enjoyed General Conference Weekend, and the girls actually did very well listening through all 4 sessions! They carefully watched each member of the Twelve in order to be able to color in the ties on their workbook pages next to each apostle's picture. They also had a space to write down what each of their talks was about and what they could do. Ali tried to write something for each talk. Kaitlyn tried to avoid getting marker on the floor during each talk.
During President Eyring's talk yesterday he said, "God cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance." Ali immediately turned and informed us what she was writing down in her space: "I will get my allowance each Saturday if I do my chores."
Then, tonight during her bedtime prayers Ali said, "Thank you that we got to listen to conference yesterday and today, and that we got to listen to the prophet and the Twelve Apostles." Kaitlyn was very loving and happy for a good part of the weekend. Megan is so good! I'm so glad that she took the time to prepare those little workbooks. I think that they may have gotten as much out of conference for their age and we did for our ages!
Max seems to have developed significantly over the past couple of weeks, now that he's officially 6 months old. We've started giving him rice cereal at dinner time, and he's accepting the fact that he is going to have to choke that paste down if he ever wants his dad to feed him ice cream again.
He's also moving around like crazy. The only problem is that he has so much more control over and strength in his arms (as opposed to his legs), that he ends up pushing himself across the floor backwards to the other side of the room. His fine motor skills are improving as well. He's able to pick up the pacifier by himself and put it in his mouth the right way. Hopefully he'll be changing his own diapers soon.
Megan continues to train for her half-marathon. Last week she ran 12 miles! We met her at 2 or 3 strategic locations to cheer her on, to give her water, and to give her a banana to eat. I was tired after running about 50 feet alongside her while she took the banana! She's doing incredible and has been an inspiration to me: I've decided to cut back on eating ice cream while watching The Biggest Loser.
Last weekend we had a great time with our friends Chad and Amy, and Kevin and Leah. We fired up the grill and then fired up the Guitar Hero III. With all of my non-virtual guitar playing experience, I thought it would be no sweat. Unfortunately, it turned out to be much more sweat than I expected--and both Chad and Kevin totally outplayed me.
But Ali, Kaitlyn and Megan had a great time playing too.
Unfortunately, Megan was "boo-ed off the stage." This video should create some buzz:
Finally, and I don't normally post stuff like this, I couldn't help but post the following hilarious video which I saw while blogstalking recently on Ali's primary teacher Sarah's blog. I laughed so hard the first time I watched it, that I had to watch it a couple more times. Oh, I'm so glad there are people who sing at random things in the world, just like I do.
2 comments:
This post was worth the wait.
loved the napkin song. and i appreciate you not mentioning leah as the worst guitar hero player. that was a great night. we're excited for megan's half marathon. 2 more days! you guys are such good supports.
Post a Comment