Alison chose the Oreo cheesecake. She LOVED it! (Although when she ate the leftovers today she commented "It tasted better when it was standing up." I thought it was alright, but I won't ever order it at full price. It was too much cheesecake, too little Oreo.

And I ordered "Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple" cheesecake, as suggested by the all-knowing-about-cheesecake Michelle McCullough. It was, of course, incredible; and I will purchase it again, but not before I get the Brownie Sundae cheesecake again.
Now, I'm sure you're wondering if I got Max a cheesecake. Well, I didn't. I couldn't keep a straight face long enough to order my 10-month-old an entire slice of cheesecake. But, I really should have, because I think he ate more cheesecake than anyone else. He especially loved the whipped cream.
I invited my friend Tiffany to come with us, and she ordered the Banana Cream cheesecake. It was okay, but I really have a difficult time mixing fruit with dessert: if I'm going to spend my calories on dessert, it's going to have chocolate in it, preferably, a ton of chocolate...but this idea could really be a whole different post in itself.
Anyways, this was our cheesecake experience. Although, none of you got to experience it in real life, I hope you felt a special love of cheesecake while you read this post.
7 comments:
Wow, your description of this momentous event not only made my mouth water, but it also made me virtually taste the cheesecakes. Mmm...virtual cheesecake.
I'm with you on the chocolate being the way I like to get my junk food calories, but once I tried the key lime cheesecake, and loved it! Why the special $1.50 occasion?! Who knew July 30 would be so momentus! Love it!
P.S. This was another great post, Megan, you should post more often! Then we can know what you are up to twice a week! Yessss.
Megan, I love you. I love that I'm friends with someone who would make a post about cheesecake. I only wish I had gone - what a great deal! Alison is so beautiful. Kaitlyn is cute too, but Alison has made the transition from little kid cute to beautiful grown up little girl. I miss you guys.
yeah for chocolate. I think the Godiva chocolate cheesecake is just about the yummiest thing I've ever had.
Thanks for the reviews. I always want to try different kinds but end up getting the Godiva cheesecake...now I know it's safe to order the Brownie Sundae! Hey, I just thought of a great new flavor: The Cheesesteak Cheesecake.
I'm so happy that you got your cheesecake. And sad that we weren't able to partake also. But those sound like divine selections to me! Your girls have good taste, as does Max. (Tyler ate most of my key lime cheesecake the last two times we have been!)
Megan:
You have such a clever writing style and it was so much fun to read about your adventures not to mention your frugal strategies to maximize return on your investment. You are great.
Love,
Dad and Mary Lee
Post a Comment