It's summertime. That means that Megan and the kids spend as many hours participating in water-related activities as time and patience allow. Take the 4th of July (the actual 4th of July, not the 28th of June) for example. Megan's parents set up the Slip-N-Slide in the back yard and Ali and Kaitlyn (as well as their cousins Grant and Gavin) took turns zooming down the plastic on miniature rafts trying to get enough momentum to slide off onto the grass. The warning label on the box said that the Slip-N-Slide wasn't intended for use by adults and that serious injury or death could result. I'm glad it's safe for six-year olds but too dangerous for the over-18 crowd!
The neighborhood pool has also become a favorite destination. Now that Alison knows how to swim, she working on perfecting her underwater handstands, her flips off the side, her diving down to the bottom, her floating, and her sinking. Kaitlyn is gaining more and more confidence in "swimming" with her floaties on. Max is learning to splash in the kiddie wader pool. Megan is perfecting her lifeguarding and multi-tasking skills.Megan is the S.P.F.--Schizophrenic Project Female. My "honey do" list is ever growing and contains such items as "remove extra planks from blinds," "plant grass seed," and "organize garage." I had thought that my list was pretty comprehesive. Surely, I thought, if I were able to work on the items on the list I'd be a good husband in deed. Strangely, various and sundry items that aren't even on my radar have suddenly surged in importance. Yesterday, while I was in the backyard pitching the wiffle ball to Alison, Megan thought we should start picking all of the rocks out of the grass-dirt. Today as I was getting ready to blog, she started ironing the curtains and needed a hand. I'm pretty sure that my "honey do" list has invisible ink. Seriously though, it's been fun making our house a home together.
Oh yeah, and I didn't have to travel this week. No boo there.
5 comments:
Sweet. Nice to see you in the blogosphere. I love summer and wish I could spend it with your family.
I LOVED the term "SPF" for Megan! That made me laugh out loud! I have always admired Megan for her jump in and get it done attitude. I wish she was here to light a fire under me. Jared bought me a 4drawer filing cabinet and I'm sitting in the midst of A LOT of papers and am I filing??? No...I'm blogging! :) It was great to see the kids having so much fun on the slip and slide...that is an awesome one! That's awesome that everyone is enjoying the pool...that's where we live during the summer! Miss you guys!
looks like a blast. I LOVE that first picture of Ali.
Megan,
Hey there! Just found your blog through Tara James. Hope you don't mind... It's great to see what you guys are up to. How can it be possible that Nathan is graduated, Ali is 6, you have a new baby boy I've never heard about who is crawling! Time goes way to quickly. Hope all is well and would like to be in touch. you can get the latest on us at weaverfam.blogspot.com
Mark can totally relate to your list of projects as his list never seems to end as well. We're so glad you guys are enjoying Indiana. Your house looks amazing!
Post a Comment