Since I know you're dying to see, here's our little toothless girl having lost her first tooth:

Kaitlyn responded to Ali's loss with a startling realization: "I'm definitely going to brush my teeth now. I don't want my teeth to fall out!"
Kaitlyn (and Alison) also had a great time this past week making a "fort" that took up our entire living room using our good church reference books as stakes to anchor down the comforters. They carefully arranged the Dora fold-out bed underneath as well as every other blanket, pillow or soft material they could find. This fort was all good unless you got stuck on one side of it and needed something on the other side. Probably. (Note the nice chair rail which we installed personally.)
As for Max, it looks like the Terrible Two's are starting early. He is into everything. The other afternoon, after it was apparent that Mr. Max had woken up from his nap, Megan kept hearing a clicking sound. When she went in to investigate she found that he had arranged the toy in his crib so that he could stand on it and was reaching the switch on the wall--turning the fan off and on. Apparently, he was quite entertained by his superior mastery of fan control.
One more Ali story and then a Nathan and Megan story.
In church on Sunday the children were learning a new Primary song. Ali's teacher (who happens to be Megan's mother) asked her to sing along. Alison responded, "I don't know the words to that song but I know all the songs from High School Musical 3!" I'm not sure they're going to do any songs from High School Musical in the Children's Sacrament Meeting Program this year--but I'll check, because if so, we're golden!
Lastly, you may recall that we visited Washington D.C. several months ago. As were at a stoplight the car next to us rolled down its window and the driver asked us for directions on how to get across the bridge. Since we had been lost multiple times going back and forth across the bridge, we tried, as best we could to give her directions. Unfortunately, the light turned green and the cars behind us started honking so we ended up just saying and pointing, "Go that way!" As soon as we had turned and rolled up our window I said, "Sucka!" We gave her right directions, but given the situation we may as well not have. Ever since then we have used "Sucka" in a variety of ways: to mean, "fooled you" or "I won" or "I got you to listen to me" or in about a baker's dozen other ways and times. Well, the children have started using it a little too frequently, and while cute and funny, we decided that it's probably not the best habit to be in, so we've had to outlaw the use of the word. Megan suggested that we could say, "Soccer!" and that would be funny. I concurred, but thought it was probably too close to the original, and wouldn't discourage the kids from saying it. The word for "Soccer" in Spanish is "Futbol." Now we just say "Futbol" to mean "Sucka." Try it out. I think you'll like it.
8 comments:
What an adorable story.
I remember one tooth fairy visit when the good fairy left the money but forgot to take my tooth. Needless to say it was back under my pillow the next night. I had such sweet parents - they left more money, but remembered the tooth that time.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Alison said she could sing all of HSM3. HILL arious!
Sorry, Futbol won't stick, but "Sucka" will.
Congrats to Ali on her first lost tooth, and I am super impressed with the new chair rail! Your house is looking amazing!! That picture of Max looks just like Kaitlyn. Boys sure are a lot of work, huh? And lastly, who taught you how to drive across bridges in DC? Must've been someone really safe and law-abiding.
How do I talk to Megan many times each week, and yet, somehow I missed hearing about every single one of these events? I sure hope she's not in charge of journaling for your family. Futbol! nope; not as fun.
Mr. Max is no dumbie he knows how to get what he wants!
love love love the stories. and thanks for motivating all of us to brush our teeth, especially on a fast sunday like today oral hygiene is a must.
thanks for megans hilarious comments too, and i am living up the elastic pants, don't you worry.
love!
Ali, Kaitlyn, and Max are all cute and smart--just like their parents (and grandparents).
Love,
Dad and Mary Lee
Oh such a cute family! I love all the pictures and postings! Man the first lost tooth of many to come! That is one of the funnest days in a family, thats for sure! As for the HSM3 song! I laughed out loud! Sounds like something my girls would say - or heck - maybe me!hahaha! Megan I miss you a ton! Wish you were still here in Cville!
Hey can you let us know your phone number, my cell got ran over, haha! and so I no longer have it! I wanted to call you soon. just e-mail me if you can, jessicahughes_3@hotmail.com
love ya dear!
Jessica
Post a Comment