Sunday, May 4, 2008

Alison The Genius

I was typing the title of this posting, and Ali requested that I add the "The Genius" part. Let's see why.

I've heard all this about how kids grow up so fast, and how technologically advanced the kids of today are. I've heard it. But, I didn't really think it applied to me right now. Let me share a conversation I just had with Alison.

I was sitting here at the computer and Ali walked in and said, "Dad, can I get on the computer? I need to post to my blog?"

"What?" I said, thinking that I must have mis-heard.

"Yeah," she said, "I need to tell everyone that my dad is crazy."

...

"I have my mp3 player."

"Do you even know what an mp3 player is?"

"It's like a music player."

"What is an mp3?"

"A little XBox?"
I don't even know how she picked up any of this terminology. She says she's seen us post on our blog, and Megan does have an iPod, and there is an XBox at Megan's parents' house. So, I guess it's not totally unreasonable that she's heard about this stuff before. But, wow.

Earlier this week Megan was doing her daily ritual: checking the Indiana real estate postings for any new developments. From the other room I heard her gasp loudly. I yelled to Megan, "What? What happened?" Alison was walking by and said, concluding what had happened, "It sold!?" Ali is incredibly perceptive.

Alison has been reading along as I've been typing. I now quote her:

"I know what you need to put now. Write: Alison is a real genius."

"I want to post a picture of me doing a genius pose."


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is seriously awesome.

Sarah H said...

Excellent Genius Pose.

Lauren said...

Love LOVE the genius pose.