Sunday, May 4, 2008

Nathan: In Concert


For Christmas Megan got us a pair of tickets to see Van Halen in concert on February 22nd. Megan is, admittedly, not as big of a Van Halen fan as I am. So, my buddy Paul from D.C. came down to see the show with me. About 30 minutes before he arrived his boss called him and asked him if he had heard that the concert was cancelled. He hadn't. He pulled in and asked me if I had heard. I hadn't. We double checked and, sure enough, no gig.

The rescheduled concert was set for something like March 21st. But, by this time, I had sufficiently guilted Megan into coming with me. Sadly, the concert was cancelled yet again and rescheduled for this past Friday night, and it actually happened!

The show was amazing! Ever since I started playing electric guitar in high school and discovered Van Halen, I've been a fan. And, now I've seen them in concert fronted by both Sammy Hagar and now David Lee Roth. On Friday night they played only Roth-era songs (covering 1978-1984), of which Megan knew only one song. I, on the other hand, not only knew the words, but also knew the guitar parts as well; after the concert I felt like I had just played the whole show (although only on air guitar from 100 rows back). Edward is still an incredible guitar player and was totally fun to watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun to FINALLY see the concert...especially since it was more Roth, not Van Hagar. =)